Saturday, November 26, 2011

First Post Eva!!!!!

Ok so here goes.....My first ever post on Blogger! Been wanting to do this for a while now.

So welcome to my scrappy happy place. Please bear with me as I am new to this blogging thing.

This will be a place where I post my trials & tribulations that go along with this wonderful hobby of mine.

As the week goes on I plan on adding my profile & learning the ins & outs of this blogging thing.

I will use this blog to post some of my favorite things, layouts, some handmade items, & all things scrappy. And some tidbits from my crazy wonderful life.

I will also be posting "Inspiration pushes"....This is what put the fire under my butt to finally do this.
It all started on the 2 Peas MB. I'm trying to spend less & use more of my stash. I realized that I've been collecting more than I've been creating. Not very happy bout that! So I put myself on a spending freeze & some others decided to join me. So every Monday I will post an "inspiration push". They will be in 2 parts.
This is directly from that post....

Ok so I was thinking of ways to make this a little more fun & another way to push us to make some layouts, cards, etc with our stash. So here's what I'm going to do......On the Monday check ins I will post some sort of inspiration push. Like using a certain color or using a certain embellie. It will just be a no pressure suggestion. Just a little push. 

I'm also going to throw in a quote or page title in. I bought a book entirely made up of quotes & titles about 6 weeks ago. So I have tons right at my fingertips. 
So the inspiration push will be made up of 2 parts. 
1) A suggested item to use in your stash. 
2) A quote or title. 
You can use one or the other or both. 
These are merely to help us get some scrappy stuff done! No pressure fun.


I'm hoping to set up an archive as time goes on.

So hopefully I'll use up my stash & then........happily go on spending LOL But I think....no wait I know....I will be looking at things a little differently.


I've already started.....






It reads: 
Be thankful for the little things in life 
1} When my children laugh so hard their belly hurts 
2} My gadgets (my fiance calls me inspector gadget LOL) 
3} Our little zoo {bunny, gecko, turtle & 2 birds) 
4} My Keurig coffee maker.... affectionately named Rigley 
5} Diamonds are a girls BEST FRIEND 
6} Movie nights with the kiddies (Some of our favorite movies printed & placed in film strip) 
7} When Tony leaves his worn Tshirt on side of bed when he needs to be away (flower was made from his Tshirt "un-worn" LOL) 
8} My cooking utensils to help make my family meals (cut from baking sheet packaging) 
9} My Mommy's plate 
10} When the rain falls 
11} My scrappy doodle supplies 
12} Ahhhhh Wine (used actual cork for embellie) 
13} All my Roosters 
14} My high heels & bags (used Coach tag from an old bag) 
15} My Sony DSC camera 


It was fun to see what I could use up & to see how resourceful I could be.



I am also hoping to eventually set up my Etsy shop. Years ago I had a shop on Ebay where I sold paper piecings. My kids (I have 3) were young then & as they got older my life became busier. Now that they are way older I have the time again to do this. It was something I enjoyed thoroughly. So this time around I will be changing it up a bit. Maybe after Holiday's but hopefully before. So this will also become a place I post my new listings. 

I'm very excited about all this.....& I will post again on Monday with the first "Inspiration Push" along with an example.

Thanks for stopping by
~JennsDoodles

2 comments: