Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inspiration Push # 10 + Create your Dreams layout

Ok so how many times did you not have paper that went well with your pictures??? Far too many times for me. (Can't even believe I can say that with everything I have!) 
I took these pictures of my very talented daughter painting & knew I wanted to scrap them right away. However, none of the papers I had went "perfect" with them. So I decided to make my own using some paint mists.
This weeks inspiration push we have:
  Stash: Paints or Inks to make your own background paper
Quote: "Love is the blueprint for happiness" ~Lamar Cole

Choosing the quote was of course inspired by Valentine's Day!

Oh P.S. Very excited about this layout...it's the first time I machine stitched on one!!!! Be prepared to see more of that technique. LOVE IT!







Supplies used:
-AC Cardstock
-Echo Park Life is Good pattern paper
-Webster's Pages Bloomers in Coco
-Washi tape
-MM metallique Reverie butterflies
-Webster's Pages Whimsies (pink flower)
-MME Lost & found buttons
-Other buttons ~unkown
-Cosmo Cricket Tiny Text
-Sticko Cloud stickers

An assortment of homemade & brand spray inks were used to create background paper.
I also used some pop dots to make butterflies pop off page. (I glued centers directly to page)

Thanks for looking & Enjoy!
Be inspired & use up your stash!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. My bottles of mists and paints just sit on my shelf mocking me. I need to get them out and play with them, thanks for the inspiration! Oh, and I need a sewing machine now. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very berry much & you are very berry welcome. Go play with them. I love my mists. I even used them to alter the colors of flowers when I needed to. Also (sorry to be an enabler LOL) I have a small sewing machine called Easy Stitcher that I bought at M's a while ago. I used a coupon. I bought it specifically to use on layouts. It worked great! I also used it a few times just to mend some things. :)

      Delete