Ok so I needed a little Christmas something to fill a spot on my wall. Was about to hit the stores on this crazy full weekend before Christmas. (What was I even thinking) Then it hit me........make something silly. You are crafty!! Looking through my stash I thought of how I wish I had the MS pine branch punch. There has been lots of talks about it lately. Well I do have the TH pine cone die. How in the world did I not realize that this looks almost the same only larger. So the light bulb went off & I began.....
Please read more for supplies used, the tutorial & how to easily enter my give away.
2- 8 ½ by 11 pieces of green cardstock cut into 2 by 2 ¾ pieces (light green & medium green)
5 inch wreath form cut from cereal box
Green acrylic paint
Tim Holtz pine cone die
Green distress ink & an applicator
White pearl adhesive bling
White glue & glue gun
- Cut 5 inch wreath from cereal box & paint both sides green. (Don’t worry too much over your cut, it will be covered up)
- While drying begin to shade pieces of cardstock with distress ink. Do so by pouncing ink around edges. I inked it lightly, you of course can ink more if you like.
- Mist with water. This will spread the ink a little & this is what we want.
- Lightly crumple cardstock & open up flat. Allow to dry. (You can use a heat tool if you like)
- Don’t be too concerned with the inking. After the misting & all the layering “perfect inking” won’t be noticed.
- Staple a loop of twine to wreath form for hanging. (Do this now so it can be covered by branches)
- Layer 3-4 pieces of cardstock over branch part of die & run through die cut machine. Run forward & backward through machine to insure a full cut through all pieces of cardstock.
- Now begin layering branches all the way around wreath. Working with glue 2-3 inches at a time. Now if you notice on your die cut there is a “front” side with the paper bending down on the edges & a “back” side with the edges bending up. While layering turn some die cuts front side up & some down. Not only does this mix up the texture but also then you get 4 slightly different shades of the green. Inked sides & non inked sides.
- Be sure not to squish the branches down flat while gluing. Let dry & fluff out. Remember……just like the real thing, it can be trimmed if a branch sticks out to far.
- Tie ribbon into a bow & attach with glue gun.
- Finally add the pearls & Tada…….a pretty wreath to hang.
Now for the giveaway. All you have to do is become a follower or already be following & leave a comment on this blog post. I will be giving away a little bit of my wintery stash. I will also be adding a surprise to this stuff on Monday. I will pick a winner using Random.org on Wednesday morning.
I added this to the give away
Some presents for you!!!!!
Good Luck & as always,
Thanks so much for looking!